any tips on reinstalling fork tubes?

Steve Northrop blackgpz at rochester.rr.com
Sun May 11 08:18:57 PDT 2008

If the upper tubes are straight, the size of the clamping area in the triple
clamps pretty much self-aligns them. I bounce it up and down a couple times
before tightening the axle to make sure the lowers are aligned as best they
can. Now's your opportunity to slide the tubes up about 1/4" to help with
the GPZ's slow steering. Before putting the front wheel and fairing back on
is also the best time for a real good adjustment on the steering head
bearings. It's real easy to "feel" any roughness or play in the bearings.

Steve in Western NY
'96 GPZ1100
'02 Daytona 955i
'08 KLR 650