fork oil weight with stock forks?

Philip Hamm philbike20 at hotmail.com
Sat May 10 16:12:47 PDT 2008

I'm on my fourth fork oil change, just had it done last week.  The first time I got it changed I got 15W oil installed.  I did not like it.  It does firm up the handling in the front, if you want that you may like it.  For me, it firmed up the front too much.  Specifically, I have noticed on my bike with the standard 10W oil, I start getting very slight barely perceptible numbness/tingling in my hands from vibration only when the front tires are underinflated.  It's actually like an air pressure guage for me - when I start getting numbness, time to check and inflate the tires.  When I ran 15W oil I got that numbness every time I rode.

Also I like the softer more touring feel that the 10W oil provides.  Again, if you want more sporty feel, you might like it.  It's worth a try I would think.

-Phil