Front fork strength

blackbear at frontiernet.net blackbear at frontiernet.net
Fri May 16 07:01:54 PDT 2008

Ok..so I installed a high-note car horn when the stock horn died on
the GPZ.  I thought there was plenty of room between the fender and
the horn, but I noticed the top of the (fairly newly painted) fender
has been worn down to the plastic and the horn is damaged.
I checked, and it feels like the forks are compressing a LOT more than
I was used to.
I had the oil changed a couple years ago when I had the seals
replaced.  using the mix of 10w and 15w that Scaps recommended.

Is there any way of strengthening the front end short of cartridge
emulators?  i can't really afford that kind of conversion at this time.

i will also look at ways of moving the horn so it won't hit anymore.
I put it where the stock one was as I was in a hurry to get the bike
inspected.

Michael in holley, NY