What shortblocks interchange with a '95??

ben millies ben_millies at hotmail.com
Wed May 21 20:28:25 PDT 2008

I have a '95 GPz 1100, It began tapping,(14 miles after I bought it) I wouldn't let myself believe that it was the bottom end doing the knocking. Anyhow, it turns out that it is the #3 rod making a bunch of racket :(  What shortblocks will interchange with our bikes? I know that the heads aredifferent from the Zx-11 Ninja, but are the bottom ends different as well? Can I take a Ninja bottom end, bolt on my rebuilt head and go?   The reason I ask is because I've been having a heck of a time finding someone local that wants to handle turning the crank and rods for a very much budget build. Thanks guys for the info and helping a new guy. Ben.