How did You learn to Ride?

Dave Daniels dwaynedaniels at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 22 19:23:13 PDT 2008

I guess the first "real" bike I rode was Dave Beard's Honda 350. What year was that Dave? 1973? I don't know if I really learned on that bike because I didn't really ride it very much. I guess it kind of just came naturally after I learned the shifting pattern.

Paul Heim <SuprHtr at columbus.rr.com> wrote:  I don't count the no-name chopper mini-bike with the 5 HP Briggs & Stratton
engine. The first real ride was a 1970 Honda SL90, an ill-handling,
short-lived pig purchased in 1973. It was replaced a year later with a 1970
DKW 125. The Honda taught me how to fall down and the Deek taught me how to
go scary-fast through the woods. Then I went to college, got married, had
three daughters, got divorced, got married again, got divorced again, and
bought my GPz. Riding in the dirt has been a huge advantage, even after a
29-year layoff. While the Geeper is cumbersome, reflexes take over and help
when the back end steps out.

Paul in Ohio