Svc manual question and crank bearing question...

Paul S. Elsberry pselsberry at
Mon May 26 10:44:27 PDT 2008

Here is the link to where I got mine - only place that I could find other
than eBay.

Let me know what you find out about the bearings - I am going to do a
rebuild this fall.

----- Original Message -----
From: "ben millies" <ben_millies at>
To: <gpzlist at>
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 1:18 AM
Subject: Svc manual question and crank bearing question...

I'm having a heck of a time finding a service manual for our bikes. Does
anyone have a good link or p/n so I can purchase one? (I need torque specs
for putting my engine back together...:) )

I was finally able to tear down the engine and found that my #3 rod bearing
spun... hopefully I can save the crank and rod.... I'm sending it out to the
machine shop tomorrow or tuesday... wish me luck.

 I was looking at new bearings to order and they are all color coded i.e.
blue, black, white or brown. Am I correct in assuming that the colors are
for different sizes? if so, Which are which? I'm sure that I'll need an
undersize bearing set for this #3 crank journal if available...  any
thoughts? anyone been down this road before and have any tips or tricks?

Thanks again,