Warm Starting Problem

Julian Solomensky jsolo at solo-tek.com
Thu Nov 6 21:37:07 PST 2008

Les,

I had a similar issue some years back.  It would only happen after the bike has been ridden for some time, and never on cold starts.

I even replaced the battery which didn't do much to help the situation.  Eventually, pulled the plugs, which revealed severely worn electrodes - both the ground and especially the center.  I believe someone already mentioned replacing plugs too.  I had ~14K on mine at the time.  I suspect when the bike was hot, the coils were just not creating enough juice to cause a spark with the added wear/resistance in the plug.

Fortunately, it's easy enough to pull a plug on this bike.

28K on my c14 now, still on the original plugs, we'll see what they look like this coming spring when I do the tune up.

--
Best regards,
 Julian                            mailto:jsolo at solo-tek.com