Back on the Road

shampson shampson at gmx.co.uk
Fri Nov 7 08:57:28 PST 2008

Thanks for the reply Steve,

Changing the valve seals has worked as I've done over 100 miles since the rebuild with no problems. Mind you I've done 100mph and the problem appeared after a blast 125mph.

I already had muzzy block off plates installed 8 months ago and all the clean air gubbins removed. I never checked or removed them from the Head Cover as I did'nt think they were the problem. However your right and oil can get in that way. Fortunately or unfortunately after spending all that money, it looks like the valve seals were the problem.

If it reappears in the future them gaskets are the 1st thing I'll check.

Cheers
Steve