Last run of the season

The Masons masonjs at nrtco.net
Mon Nov 10 08:31:46 PST 2008

I just made my last run of the season, 32 km to the garage in Westmeath.
Temperature was +2C (36F) but they are calling for snow/rain this afternoon,
plus the remainder of the week didn't look promising.
The yellow Suzuki is hibernating with one Johnson, one Evinrude, one
Minkota, and 3 Hondas.  There would have been a Mercury and a Yamaha but
they are in another garage as I needed their space for 1000 board feet of
Vee joint cedar.  I'll have to go back, remove the battery, jockey the bikes
round and lay out some winter feed for the local rodents that fequent the
garage.
My wife was in a hurry so these jobs were posponed.
I changed the oil and filter Saturday and cleaned the bike,  I was surprized
when I checked the milage since I changed the oil after the Labrador run in
mid August.  I had put on just a little over 6000 km--I put 4000 of that on
this past month.
It will be 6 months before it comes back out.
Now I just have to figure out what to do with the Triumph.  It needs a new
head as the exhaust port threads are stripped.  I have a set available and a
guy with a heated garage but I can't take the bike there until January.