POP goes the GPZ redux

Philip Hamm philbike20 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 26 12:16:47 PST 2008

Just heard back from the shop, turns out my voltage regulator is shot.  The charging system is putting out 13 volts.  The pop was caused when a ground wire got so hot it came unattached.  The good news is my battery isn't hosed.  I vaguely remember this particular problem being not uncommon with the charging system that the GPZ shares with the ZX-11, but usually the battery gets fried.
-Phil Hamm