POP goes the GPZ redux

Dave Daniels dwaynedaniels at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 26 16:18:53 PST 2008

Good news Phil!

--- On Wed, 11/26/08, Philip Hamm <philbike20 at hotmail.com> wrote:

From: Philip Hamm <philbike20 at hotmail.com>
Subject: POP goes the GPZ redux
To: gpzlist at micapeak.com
Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 3:16 PM

Just heard back from the shop, turns out my voltage regulator is shot.  The
charging system is putting out 13 volts.  The pop was caused when a ground wire
got so hot it came unattached.  The good news is my battery isn't hosed.  I
vaguely remember this particular problem being not uncommon with the charging
system that the GPZ shares with the ZX-11, but usually the battery gets fried.
-Phil Hamm