Got her going!!!

William K Denton wkdenton at verizon.net
Wed Oct 8 09:45:25 PDT 2008

All,

Just a word about fuel filters and clogged carbs.  If your part of the
world, like mine, is using gasoline that contains 10% ethanol, you will have
to do more than simply add an inline fuel filter.  When the ethanolic fuel
starts to evaporate in the float bowls during periods of non-use, it can
cause "gel balls" and other stuff to form in the bowls.  The next time you
start up, viola, clogged pilot jets.  No filter in the world can stop this,
because the precipitate forms after the fuel passes the filter.

To remedy, I've started using StaBil fuel stabilizer with every tankful, all
year round.   Also, when the rest of the current bottle is gone, I'm
switching to the marine formula, which is now stocked at my local Pep-Boys.
It has twice the active ingredients to battle the ills of EtOH induced fuel
degradation.  That's a good thing, cheap insurance and a heckuva lot easier
than cleaning carbs on five motorcycles over and over again.  JMHO, YMMV.

Bill in Yardley, PA
wkdenton at verizon.net