Now GPS - do you need one

Julian Solomensky jsolo at
Wed Oct 15 20:01:59 PDT 2008

Getting lost too many times and nearly running out of fuel is what did it in for me.  I've ridden the past 13 seasons by paper route and a printed map.  With more complex routes, it's nearly impossible to catch some of these tiny roads.

Some days I do go out and just explore, but i've been to nearly every area around here, and the better roads are way out, making it difficult to explore easily.

The gps is a crutch and security blanket.  Don't have to worry about having street level detailed maps on hand.  The state maps only show so much after all.

Best regards,
 Julian                            mailto:jsolo at