Scaps is on his way home

Chuck Driscoll cdriscol2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 09:28:52 PDT 2008

Gang,
Scaps came through Helena yesterday, on the return leg of his 11 day sojurn through the NW US and Canuckia. He picked up his Explorer and trailer from my place, and we loaded him up. He had a much more peaceful expression from the start of his trip, positively beaming in fact, so the purpose was served.
He might have just been glad to get out of the rain though, as it has dogged him for the last several days, and drenched him in his tent last night.
We all went out to Chez Arrr-by to celebrate and then pointed him on his way. He was going to spend the night somewhere in Why-oming, and then on to Denver, so he might chime in later today.

It was great to see him, and my 10 year old daughter Kyleigh and I enjoyed being his wingman through Glacier NP on the KLR. It was my longest trip since my get-off last summer, and it renewed the itch. The KLR is no GPZ, but I like it. Ciao!

Chuck Driscoll

"...a root word of technology, techne, originally meant 'art.'
The ancient Greeks never separated art from manufacture in their minds, and so never developed separate words for them."
- Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance