Chain and sprockets

Jay Loeppke jloeppke at charter.net
Thu Sep 4 16:52:01 PDT 2008

That is correct.  I have 40K and replaced mine last week.  Got it all
from Dennis Kirk.  Its over night delivery for me for free.    My son
had the bike out of town when he told me the chain was getting
impossible to adjust.   Thinking the bike was stock, and was ok
performance wise, I thought I would remain stock.     When changing it
though, I found somebody had put a 47 tooth on the back.   It was fine
around town, had plenty of power from a stop,  milage was about 40
town and 48-50 at 55-60.  Drive 70 to 75 , milage would be about
45-48.   Get this,  after we put the new stuff on we went on a quick
200M run, average speed was 60 and windy, gets 50mpg.  The next day my
son takes it to college, Interstate driving 70-75, calm....gets
54mpg.   It is a little more peppy in first and that last gear isn't
that tall ( I live near a 45 zone and never used that last gear
before, now I can).