Heat Soak?

David Fallon davidinwa at comcast.net
Mon Feb 9 14:02:25 PST 2009

I ran one more test.  I ohmed out the pickup coil for the 1-4
cylinder.  It measures good at 472 ohms; S/B 360-540 ohms.  Then I
warmed up the pickup coil to about 200 degrees.  The resistance went
crazy; it moved up and down and even would go to open and back down.
There were lots of readings in the 3-5 k ohm range.  Cooling the coil
brought the resistance back to 470 ohms.  I think I found the problem.

Used coils are on eBay.  How much of a chance is there I'll get the
same problem?

Thanks.         Snow in the sky today, no riding.

David Fallon
441