British Biking - Re: GPZList Digest, Vol 26, Issue 4

Robert.Justice at uk.pgds.com Robert.Justice at uk.pgds.com
Wed Jan 7 06:57:17 PST 2009

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your message.

"My biggest winter problem is seeing where I'm going."

Agreed. I have been riding more recently in the dark and have experienced
this problem too. A couple of times I have thought that without accurate
guess work, keeping on your side of the road can be very difficult.
Spotted a HID conversion yesterday whilst looking at some clothing gear
suggested by another lister.
http://www.aerostich.com/product.php?productid=18322&cat=385&page=1
However as described in the product details, I am unsure whether these are
legal in the UK. I note you have fitted one and therefore assume these are
legal. Can you confirm?

Clean visor. Indeed, this is a problem and the more I ride the more
unwilling I am to put up with riding half blind. ;]
Recently found a product called "tear off's" which come in packs that get
stuck to your visor in multiple layers. You can then rip the top layer off
when you get an unclear view that can't be cleaned using your wiper blade.
Not looked into them very much at the moment but the idea sounds good.
Only problem I can see is that during the 20 minute ride to work everyday
I'm guessing I would need to tear off one or two of these. Therefore they
could end up being very expensive.

LMAO at jury rigging a spray wash to your dash. That is a modification I
would love to see. Handy for those times you are parched too ;]

Need a million and one things for myself and the bike at the moment so if
anyone has any links to useful sites with cheap or comprehensive parts,
compatible with the GPZ1100, that would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Rob Justice
System Administrator (GEMS)  - PGDS Finance
Craigforth, Stirling, SCOTLAND, FK9 4UE
Tel:          01786 405109            (81 5109)
E-mail:      robert.justice at uk.pgds.com

Message: 6