British Biking

schnowz schnowz at localnet.com
Wed Jan 7 16:31:31 PST 2009

Rob welcome to the list..It depends on how long you want to ride. Prolonged
Highway riding is a different bag from a short commute.
     My reccomendation is buy electrics you will not regret it..The Gerbing
jacket works well, though their gloves are a little clumsy, still they're
better than heated grips. Widder is going out of business I believe.
     Make sure you have a windproof outer jacket and pants as any small leak
makes a differnce.
    Wear a windproof balaclava with a neckpiece that tucks in. I wear a high
collar fleece waistcoat under my jacket that I tuck it into. The only bitch
is if you wear glasses like me, they steam up easy when you stop.
    If you're doing long distances you will need either electric socks or
electric heated footpads.
   The aerostich/rider warehouse wipes work well for defogging but are too
dam'd expensive.

       Pete S