British Biking - Re: GPZList Digest, Vol 26, Issue 4

Robert.Justice at Robert.Justice at
Thu Jan 8 05:16:41 PST 2009

LMAO @ the replacement beer - thought the same thing myself ;]

Great news about the HID conversion, will be purchasing one of these on
pay day. Thanks for the info and item link.

Rob Justice
System Administrator (GEMS)  - PGDS Finance
Craigforth, Stirling, SCOTLAND, FK9 4UE
Tel:          01786 405109            (81 5109)
E-mail:      robert.justice at

"IAN WESTLAKE" <ianwestlake at>

07/01/09 21:13
Please respond to
ianwestlake at

gpzlist at, Robert.Justice at

Re: British Biking - Re: GPZList Digest, Vol 26, Issue 4

Hi Robert & Steve ( addressing to you both as you both asked about the
I have had no problems with the HID and have had it MOT'd since fitting.
As to legal? I cant find too much in the way of a definitive answer but as
6000k HID's are std equipment on most top end cars these days I cant see
any problem. Its not so much that its a brighter light, more that its a
whiter white. The one I got was off EBay , if you look up item no.
120345360131 that's the guy i got mine from. I used to use tear-offs in
the days of my youth when i used to fall off grass track bikes for fun.
They work OK by day but optically they are not too good, I could see them
struggling by night with oncoming headlights and they can be a bit fiddly,
with winter gloves on it may be a struggle. Think I'll stick to the washer
jet idea and convert it to beer for the summer !!!!!
--- On Wed, 7/1/09, Robert.Justice at <Robert.Justice at uk.pgds.