Sunday ride

scapco at ecentral.com scapco at ecentral.com
Mon Jan 19 08:14:26 PST 2009

Wow, 62 degrees here in Denver on Sunday, you can't pass
that up.  I got the old Geeper out of the back of the
garage after moving my roommates KTM525, his snow blower,
air compressor, bicycle, etc... and took the cover off.
She still looks good after all these years and all the
miles.  I still like the red color and the lines.

Checked the tire air pressure and found them each about 5
lbs under inflated so I hooked up the compressor and got
them up to the proper pressure.  The chain was cleaned and
oiled before I parked it so that is okay.  I unhooked the
battery tender and tucked the leads under the seat and got
her ready to fire.  Put the petcock on prime and watched a
small trickle of gas go through the filter which to me
means no petcock failure and no hydro lock ether.

I engaged the choke and hit the starter button and was
greeted with it turning over easily and 4 or 5 seconds of
near idle before it quit.  I did this about 3 times before
it caught for good and settled into a healthy rumble, all
cylinders firing nicely.  Awesome, the Stabil seems to work
on this crappy gas they sell nowadays.

Put on my jacket and liner, my helmet and gloves while it
warmed up and rolled it out into the sunshine.  Ahh... this
feels like spring!  I climbed on board, gave the clutch a
couple of pulls, dropped it into gear and gently rode my
old friend out into the street.  5 minutes later I'm
rolling down E-470 at 100+ with a sh*t eating grin on my
face.  I can imagine myself back in the Canadian Rockies
last August, rolling down the scenic highways.

Alas, all good things come to an end and an hour later I'm
back at my roommates house sliding her back into the corner
until next time.  Sleep well my friend, summer will be here
soon and we'll be riding together in Durango and maybe back
in Canada this summer.  You've earned the rest.

Charles S.
95
GPZ1100