re- Sunday ride

schnowz schnowz at
Tue Jan 20 16:59:14 PST 2009

Being a cheap bastard that's what I wanna hear.. Just didnt wanna hassle having to take the carb's back off. Too bad  there's no cheap aftermarket source for them..
  ----- Original Message -----
  To: dwaynedaniels at ; masonjs at ; GPZ List ; schnowz at
  Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 8:32 PM
  Subject: RE: re- Sunday ride

  Gaskets that have no serious pressure behind them can be re-used.  I clean them with a non-hardening cleanser, believe or not, carb cleaner will make them harder and they might leak.  I wash them off with dish detergent in the sink, let them dry.  I put a light coating of Permatex Blue (the oil and gas resistant) silicon seal and you're good to go.  In proper disclosure though, if you can afford it new gaskets are usually a no-brainer but this is my experience.