Paonia BMW Rally

scapco at ecentral.com scapco at ecentral.com
Mon Jul 27 11:54:09 PDT 2009

One side note, The GPZ 15 years old and has 50K on the
clock, piped, jetted, ignition advancer and 47 tooth rear
sprocket.  Loaded with side bags, tent, sleeping bag and
mattress pad, I got 51.34 miles per gallon between Denver
and Carbondale, including the trip over Independence pass.
Bruce got very similar mileage on his R1100RT BMW.  We
can't bitch.  And yes, for some reason the altitude helps.

Charles S.