Stephen Hampson shampson at
Wed Jul 29 04:26:21 PDT 2009

The roadsmarts have been topping the test for sport touring tyres over here.
Yet to see how they rate for mileage.

Just fitted some Pirelli diablo's I bought on ebay yesterday. Theres been
good recommendations for them in the past. The Bt020's still had 1500 miles
left in them after covering 5000 but with a trip to Southern Germany next
week I thought it best to change them.

-----Original Message-----
From: gpzlist-bounces at [mailto:gpzlist-bounces at] On
Behalf Of scapco at
Sent: 29 July 2009 04:18
To: Kawasaki GPZ1100 discussion
Subject: Re: Tires

Yes, tires!!  I liked the feel and turn in of the Pilot Roads, but was
pretty bummed at how fast they squared.  In fairness, I was very heavily
loaded, but they were also very expensive at near $400 mounted and balanced.

I'm currently running the new dual compound Dunlop Roadsmarts and like them.
Good turn in, great traction when leaned over and I can get them for $300 a
set, mounted and balanced.  I've got a couple of thousand on them so far
with no complaints.

Charles S.