Any hints? Battery in Maglite went rampant

Alexander Finger af at genevainformation.ch
Sun Jun 21 09:56:42 PDT 2009

I was wondering why the mag lite with the new LED was so dim and I could not
open it anymore..today I opened it with the right tools and found that the
battery hat lost it, lucky enough the bottom one (of three).
It would not go out so I ended up drilling a hole in the battery, putting a
screw in it and extracted it by getting a hold on the screw..but the mag
lite's tube is full of residue now.

Any magic tricks on how to get the debris out of the mag lite?

cheers
Alex