Any hints? Battery in Maglite went rampant

The Masons masonjs at nrtco.net
Sun Jun 21 12:20:42 PDT 2009

Alex:
What make of cells are you using?  I know Energizer & Duracell have
guarantees on their cells.  If their cells let go and damage your
electrical/electronic device they will replace/repair it.  There is a good
chance that other well known brands (Panasonic, Ray-O-Vac etc.) have similar
coverage.
Energizer had my Eagle sonar repaired and replaced a Maglite (2 AA unit).
Don't toss the cells, as  they won't cover the guarantee without them.
If you have tossed them or they are some noname brand do as Charles suggests
with the baking soda and water. If you're getting bored waiting for that to
work put a little vinegar in --or not.  You can also use sodium hydroxide
cleaning solutions mixed with water--409, Fantastic.