Fork Bolt Tool

Christian Hutter c_hutter at msn.com
Sun Mar 15 19:58:58 PDT 2009

Bob,

   It's been a while since I last replaced my GPZ's fork seals but, on other bikes I've used some long 3/8" extensions and a spark plug socket inverted so the bolt shaped portion is facing outwards.  I've also read about people using a wooden dowel and wedging it in the internal bolt.  If you have air tools or a power driver, try spinning the allen head quickly and it may loosen up instead of spinning the internals.  Lastly, this is my first post in a long, long time so to all that remember me, yes I'm alive and yes, I still have my GPZ but don't get to ride it much these days.

Chris H. in PA since '01 (Formerly in NJ)