anyone know which fuse controls the horn?

Simon White swhite at consultant.com
Wed Mar 18 15:35:04 PDT 2009

Hi Jeff,

I'd be checking the horn itself before the wiring/fuse.  I've had two horns fail in the time I've had the bike - one would work intermittently for a while before it packed it in, the other gave up with no warning.  I believe it's the exposed position of the horn, and the fact that these standard little horns are cheaply constructed, that leads to them failing.

Try taking the horn off (the connectors will just pull off) and connecting it (carefully) directly across a battery*.  If it works consistently then it's time to look elsewhere.  Definitely don't cut any wires, though - that will just lead to corrosion in them and more problems.

Electricity's fairly easy to deal with - just observe basic safety precautions and never assume a wire isn't live.

Simon.
*You may be able to connect it up to your car horn - just depends on how it's set up.

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
Get a Free Account at www.mail.com