Issues! HELP!

Jonathon Jay annihilator1100 at hotmail.com
Sat May 23 05:35:52 PDT 2009

Ok, I may be way off, but maybe something I say may be a brain nudger.

When new, my bike had a BAD front end shimmy when decelerating from 70 to 45. The guys at the stealership who did final assembly checked it and said they didn't torque the front whell to speck and it was loose.

As far as the chain goes, what first comes to mind is to have its alignment checked at a shop. The front centerline may be different than the rear. causing it to sit out more on one end. that would affect it's overall tightness, it would be looser on either the left or right side of a sprocket. I say go to the dealer and have it checked. Perhaps they can tell you what is wrong. In that case ask how much to fix and upon their answer, say you're gonna have to go work out some finances cause things are kinda tight right now, more than you anticipated, yadda yadaa. Then go home and fix it and silently thank them for the free diagnostic. This has worked for me for years on cars.

Unrelated to your problem, when I was breaking my clutch free yesterday I just threw a seat on the holes in back real quick. Didn't check to make sure it was on right in the front. Now my seat won't come off. Any ideas?
Regards-

What's The Difference Between Ignorance And Apathy?
~ I Don't Know And I Don't Care ~