Engine question

Jonathon Jay annihilator1100 at hotmail.com
Fri May 29 13:18:15 PDT 2009

It spun in neutral and with the lever in.

It spun in gear with the lever in.

It would not spin in gear with the lever out.

I didn't suspect it started as a broken ring, I'm hoping the tow didn't snap one. If it were a stuck ring sounds like time to hone the bore anyway. If that's the case, I'm gonna have to run the bike as is until next summer and do a light rebuild. Damn, only 5000 miles on the motor!

As far as running, the carbs are off but it did fire up with a shot of ether.