adjusting chain off the stand

Rickard Olsson richie at webhackande.se
Fri May 29 14:42:02 PDT 2009

Marilyn Mason wrote:

> I was basically trapped in my garage sitting on my bike.
:-D

What I did was I bought a plastic disc (similar to this one:
http://www.annonsfynd.se/cfd/690/7302f0cc-56af-439f-8eb6-b117c0bf49ec_large.jpg
) that I drilled a hole in and ran a length of nylon wire through. On
the other end of the wire I tied an O-ring that fits over the handlebar.
This contraption sits rolled-up in my jacket pocket until I park on
gravel, grass, hot asphalt or other soft surface at which time I unroll
it by holding the O-ring and dropping the plastic plate down under the
sidestand and put the O-ring on the handlebar. I don't have to lean
down, risking to loose my footing. When I want to leave, I just pull it
up by the wire, put it in my pocket and go. Doesn't get any easier than
that. :-)

/ Richie