Headlight Modulator Question

John Soliday johnsoliday at msn.com
Sat May 30 20:32:08 PDT 2009

Guys,

I've had headlight modulators on most of my bikes for decades but I have a
problem I wonder anybody has had.  Now that I think about it, I've never had
a problem with a headlight modulator and this is the first one.  It's on my
GPZ and maybe a year and a half old if that.  It just stopped working,
period.  It allows the headlight to work normally, i.e. high beam and low
beam both work but it doesn't modulate.  It's acting like it would at nice
when the photo-diode doesn't detect light and the unit defaults to normal
operation.  I'm wondering if maybe the photo-diode is bad and not the
modulator itself.  As it's buried under the fairing it would be easy enough
to change the photo-diode but wonder if anybody else ever had one go bad
like this.

Cheers,

John