2nd last ride of the year

The Masons masonjs at nrtco.net
Mon Nov 9 16:34:05 PST 2009

> Ride a V-Rod....you'll have a grin on your face for another reason....

The HD hard asses don't consider the V Rod as a true Harley Davidson.  They
had a similar out look on the XLCR. This was a performance minded Cafe racer
(CR) with a 1000 cc sportster engine that developed more horsepower than any
previous licencable HD.  Not equivalent to the Jap bikes of the day.  The
dealers couldn't give them away but they are now a serious collector's item.
Change is bad.
I a haven't had a chance to ride a V rod.  I have ridden a Buell (HD guys
don't think much of these either).  I liked the Buell for the handling and
the performance--the transmission was a POS.

Jim

.