Got it on the road finally

scapco at ecentral.com scapco at ecentral.com
Thu Sep 10 12:10:45 PDT 2009

Hey Ron,

Glad to hear you're back on the road and that Altadena
didn't get burned down!

There is a power lead in the tail one can use, but when I
went on my long trip last year, I wanted to be able to
charge my camera batteries and my cell phone.  I have a
small two prong staggered plug coming directly off of my
battery I use in the winter for charging or for a heated
jacket liner.  I bought a weather proof cigeratte lighter
socket like you'd use on a boat and changed the plug to a
match the one off of my battery.  I was able to charge my
phone and camera batteries both while riding (under the
seat) or when parked using car chargers and it worked
perfectly.

Charles S.

Hey Charles and guys,
I know this has been searched and spoken to long ago, BUT,
I'd like to know if we have any information on how to draw
a power line out from our GPz with which to power a cell
phone?? I'm about to hit the road for a little trip around
CA soon, and I would really like to keep that thing charged
up.? Need a life line in the event of a spill...Could this
also power my laptop?