Got it on the road finally

The Masons masonjs at nrtco.net
Thu Sep 10 14:01:22 PDT 2009

I've been searching ebay for a used front wheel for my v strom.  I've
noticed someone is making up a small wiring harness for 3 plug in extras all
fused .  This is supposed to be a plug and play unit, no wire cutting no
brainer.  It looks simple enough to make. The unit is $48.00 + $9.00
shipping.  That seemed a little steep.
 I have a water proof cigarlighter outlet connected to the battery,
installed by a previous owner that came in very handy once we got off the
Trans Labrador highway last summer and needed to increase the air presuure
in my tires on the asphalt.  I don't know if the cigar lighter is a fused
unit and I'll have to check next time I have the fuel tank off.  I also have
an electric vest set up on a 2 wire trailer plug with an inline cartridge
fuse connected to the battery and have yet to install a set of grip heaters.
This wiring harness would make things a lot neater and simpler.
There's no reason a similar unit couldn't be made for the GPz.