Still Pondering Exhaust

junkyardhotrod at aol.com junkyardhotrod at aol.com
Fri Apr 2 22:38:36 PDT 2010

    I live up by Greeley, so Longmont is only about 35 minutes away, just need to pick a time and place.
    The center stand does seem to stick out a little with no pipe to hide it, but I guess I have gotten used to it after looking at it for 7 or 8 years, the piece that holds the stand in place is just a little piece of strap steel, about 3/4 of an inch wide and 2 inches long, twisted 90 degrees, with a rubber bumper on one end and the other end bolting to the center stand mounting bolt, it acts as a stop so that the stand does not go up to high and rub the chain, you cant even see it unless you lay on the ground. My original one actually fell off a few years ago and I had to make a new one, I got a picture with some measurements from Steve to copy one.
     Just dont look at my dirty old Geeper too hard, I got it out of its winter storage a few weeks early this year so I could catch up on some maintenance, steering head bearings, rear linkage, valve adj, throttle cables and tires, and I havent bothered to clean it up good yet since I am getting ready to take it all apart for a week or 2.

       Mike