Carb Spacing and Mikuni RS Carbs

junkyardhotrod at junkyardhotrod at
Sun Apr 4 19:42:06 PDT 2010

        These will not fit the geepers, they are for older style engines that have the timing chain in the middle of the engine, you need to find a set that is made for the engines with the timing chain on the end of the crankshaft like the gpz, this keeps the carb spacing even all the way accross, the old style has the center carbs spaced farther apart than the outer carbs. The most common ones you will find on ebay come off of the last of the air cooled GSXRs, they have the timing chain on the end of the crank and losts of them were modified for racing with flatslides.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Soliday <johnsoliday at>
To: 'GPZ List' <gpzlist at>
Sent: Sun, Apr 4, 2010 2:57 pm
Subject: Carb Spacing and Mikuni RS Carbs

So I've used Google to it's full advantage and cannot determine if these
arbs will fit our GPZ...
after seeing Mike's flat slides today I would really like to get a set, but
ust want to know if they fit.  These carbs have a carb center to center
pacing of 77mm-93mm-77mm, but I can't find that spec for our year GPZ
Any advice, seller on ebay is not around...