Carb Spacing and Mikuni RS Carbs

John Soliday johnsoliday at
Mon Apr 5 06:58:39 PDT 2010

That's kinda what I figured with the non-equal spacing I looked up at the
Mikuni site.  Nice set of new carbs for the price though!

-----Original Message-----
From: gpzlist-bounces at [mailto:gpzlist-bounces at] On
Behalf Of junkyardhotrod at
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2010 8:42 PM
To: gpzlist at
Subject: Re: Carb Spacing and Mikuni RS Carbs

        These will not fit the geepers, they are for older style engines
that have the timing chain in the middle of the engine, you need to find a
set that is made for the engines with the timing chain on the end of the
crankshaft like the gpz, this keeps the carb spacing even all the way
accross, the old style has the center carbs spaced farther apart than the
outer carbs. The most common ones you will find on ebay come off of the last
of the air cooled GSXRs, they have the timing chain on the end of the crank
and losts of them were modified for racing with flatslides.