was lowering links, now tire mounting and purchasing

William K Denton wkdenton at verizon.net
Sat Apr 10 09:40:17 PDT 2010

After reading the sudden deluge of GPzlist emails, I am SO GLAD that I built
my own tire mounting/dismounting table in 2002.  In this part of the country
(Eastern PA), it costs ~$80 per set to mount and balance a set of mc tires
on "carried in" rims, and even more $$ if they're still on the bike.  In
most cases, you also have to buy the tires from the mounter, or they won't
work on them.

Based on this and the number of tires I've mounted up in the ensuing eight
years, I figure I've saved >$500 in labor.

Bill Denton
Yardley, PA
wkdenton at verizon.net
Lazarus Cycleworks, LLC