was lowering links, now tire mounting and purchasing

John Soliday johnsoliday at msn.com
Sat Apr 10 10:04:02 PDT 2010

That's what I'm thinking as well Bill!  I'm needing to change the front of
the GPZ now as those rock hard OEM tires are now down to the wear bars
(yeah, I'm a cheap guy or is that frugal?).  I may break down and have the
local "stealer" mount/balance the front GPZ this week and then have time to
research tire changers.

Here is a link to a very useful website which has links to different kinds
of changers, it seems like you get one for ~$100 from harbor freight up to
~$1000 even for "manual" units.  I've changed tires before, years ago, with
just tire irons but it wasn't pretty.  I think with one of these changers
that you fold up and put out of the way, you could easily pay for it in just
a few years plus have the option of not waiting or buying online to save a
few bucks.  I looked up that Coats 220 that Randy got on Craigslist, man is
that a sweet piece of equipment ($$$)

Cheers (back to painting the other side of the headers now)

John