Tire Changing

schnowz schnowz at att.net
Sat Apr 10 20:29:15 PDT 2010

You forgot to mention how much time you've saved.
My buddy says he doesn't have time to change tires himself. I explained that you can change a tire in less time than it takes to ride to the dealer and if you fuck it up you only have yourself to blame. I've only had a tire changed by the Dealer once and he totally fooked up the balance.
All you need is 3 tire irons and a few 2 by 4's..to change em.
Balancing can be done with jackstands - but if you want it really accurate,  better to make up a balancer with roller skate bearing and a couple of machined cones.

  Pete Staniforth