Update on Header and Jetting

andy burkard andyburkard at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 10:38:51 PDT 2010

may want to check with scapps, but i got rid of the dynojet springs and stayed with the stock springs.  worked way better.  the set up i had was:
stock air box and filter
stock springs
104 main jet, clip in 2nd position with 1 shim under and 2 over the clip (i think the shims were 1/2 the clip setting distance)
#38 pilot jets
something in the 3-4 turn range on the pesky little screw needles.

base-camp is 800 feet, and most riding in the sierras is in 2-7k foot range, all of which was fine with the above settings.

my bet would be to go back to stock springs, plus 104 main and clip where you have it and try that.

you'll get better at pulling carbs on / off...  take pictures of your knuckles now so you remember what they look like when they heal up again...

andy b