Cycle World Motorcycle Show - Seattle Review.

Paul Landry p_landry at telus.net
Fri Dec 24 14:50:16 PST 2010

Hey Guys..

I was to the Cycle World Seattle motorcycle show here a few weeks ago (been
busy and not posted this thought yet).

Wanted to warn you all that the show may not be as good as always in your
area and to check the website for manufacturers attending.

In Seattle the price was up to $15 and the value was really down.

Missing on the floor, BMW, KTM, Aprilla, MotoGuzi, Ural..  To name a few.

Really small showing by Suzuki (ie. Tiny floor space).

The Regulars in attendance..  Honda, Harley, Yamaha/Star, Ducati, Victory..

But..  To put it in perspective.  The best floor space (centre and largest)
was not occupied by any of the bike manufacturers but rather by 2 Insurance
companies..  Progressive and AllState!..

I had a good time, an outing with the crew but it was a smaller show, less
to see, cost more and it was over 12 hours (700+ miles) of driving for me
round trip in very lousy winter driving conditions (snow, slush, high winds,
heavy rain, fog, etc.)..

The recession is still out there and putting the squeeze on things..

Just wanted to let you know if you are a regular attendee, you might want to
reconsider if like me it is a long way to go.

Cheers..

Paul W. Landry

 <mailto:P_Landry at telus.net> P_Landry at telus.net