New Year

Arthur Robinson art.robinson at rogers.com
Wed Dec 29 08:30:06 PST 2010

Hello Pete:

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife and I can identify so well. My
first wife died of the same disgusting disease 20 years, ago. She was
only 47.

She was a brilliant, healthy, robust non-smoker who hardly drank at all.
She had just graduated with honours and had starting a teaching job at U
of Toronto, when she was diagnosed. There seems to be no rhyme or reason
to cancer.

A few months after she died, a wise lady who had lost her husband a few
years before told me that I would never get over it but in 2 years I
would be in a place of peace about it, which turned out to be true.

Take everything slow for a while.

Best wishes for a peaceful 2011.

Art  in TO