Thanks for the welcome...

Charles Scappaticci scapco at ecentral.com
Mon Jun 7 12:09:12 PDT 2010

I've had both the US OEM bags and the European OEM bags and I for one
think the US bags were a lot better than some people believe.  I never
had water in them and they are a lot more streamlined for high speed
touring than the European setup.  They also hold up well in crashes
(don't ask me how I know this).  The huge 36 liter Givi's are like
bricks hanging out there which is one reason I bought the 21 liter
Givi's as they are closer to the US OEM bags in size and work better
on short trips.  On a ten day trip like going to Canukistan, the 36's
were a better choice to store the additional things I needed for the
longer trip.  In fairness, I don't this the US OEM bags would have
stayed dry in all the cold and rain I rode through in Canada and going
across Washington, but that's why you pack in gallon baggies and such.

Charles S.