Need info on buying a bike for my 19 y.o. son preferrably 250 cc less than $1, 000.00

John Soliday johnsoliday at msn.com
Sun Jun 13 10:35:56 PDT 2010

The SV is a great bike and you really have to ride it pretty hard to be
scary fast, but they also make excellent roadrace bikes from what I've seen
as well.  I'm not sure you'll have any less chance of an accident on the 250
or the 650, they both go fast enough to hurt you.  The SV price sounds
almost too good to be true, as I've seen low miles Ninja 250's around here
for $2K.  Good luck and I'm glad you're going to be a trusting Dad.  I think
the MSF course will open his eyes about safety.

John (former MSF instructor)