Jonathon Jay annihilator1100 at
Fri Mar 12 06:08:05 PST 2010

I know this has been hashed over many times but I never really paid attention as I was not in the market.

Camping season is almost here and I'll be looking for outdoor shooting areas. So I look at Google maps and programs like that and kind of have been scoping potential spots.

Toying with the idea of a gps.

Won't be used much except in the summer for camping, so CHEAP is key.

But I would like a nice color display, not just an lcd with a few numbers.

I would also like the ability to load different topo maps, saw some that were developed with the forest service.

I know you have to pay to play, but I don't even know what bells and whistles they come with, so as long as it meets my few requirements I think I'm ok.

Perhaps a list member who really uses them to tour upgraded and would like to sell an old one?

If not, recomendations? On top of that, best place for prices?

OR - Should I just get a gps kit and use my laptop?