GPZList Digest, Vol 40, Issue 21--there still may be time to ride

art.robinson art.robinson at
Tue Mar 23 07:27:29 PDT 2010

Gee 85! There is hope for us yet!

-----Original Message-----
From: gpzlist-bounces at [mailto:gpzlist-bounces at]
On Behalf Of Marilyn Mason
Sent: 23 March 2010 09:22
To: GPZ List
Subject: Re: GPZList Digest, Vol 40, Issue 21--there still may be time
to ride

> By then, Pete, you can get one of those scooters old people ride
> in. If anybody could carve corners on one of those, it would be you.
A friend and an ex lister John Roddick from Shippensburg PA had one
scooters the last time I saw him.  That was the trip a bunch of us took
the Skyline and Blue Ridge with a memorable stay at Apoo's flea bag and
whore house in Front Royal VA in the spring of '06.  I went to see John
my way south and to ask if he wanted to join us.  John declined the
offer of
the ride as he had just returned from a run to the bike museum in
He had traded in his 1999 VFR (not enough engine) on a Yamaha FJ 1300 -
the one with the candy ass automatic trans.  John had got the bike new
previous year and had ridden over 20,000 miles since.   I did buy a
Frogskin/Frogtog? rain suit from him as I hadn't checked my gear
before I left.  When I pulled out my rain suit only the pants appearred.
boy Gomer had removed the jacket to work on rainy days at the fillin'
John was born in 1921 and had just had his 85th birthday.  There may be
for us yet.