Conti Motion Tires

John Soliday johnsoliday at
Sat Mar 27 16:44:47 PDT 2010

I just bought a set of those tires at Dennis Kirk for even less, I bought 6
tires on one order and they price matched everything so I'm trying to
remember how much the GPZ tires were but I'm thinking it was darn near $120
for the pair!  Price check online and then go to Dennis Kirk as they will
price match anything and the shipping was free too.  I haven't put them on
yet, but I was thinking "heh, these are those nice Euro Continental tires,
right?  Wrong!  They are manufactured in Korea!  But heh, they were as cheap
as dried dog crap and now I have new tires for all three bikes all at once
for a great riding season.

Cheers, I gotta go back to the garage and get those tires on the Vrod

-----Original Message-----
From: gpzlist-bounces at [mailto:gpzlist-bounces at] On
Behalf Of Marilyn Mason
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2010 4:08 PM
To: GPZ List
Subject: Re: Conti Motion Tires

I represent that!!
I have stopped shooting sneakers down off the power lines to retread my
tires.  As my eyes have become worse it is costing more for ammunition than
the tires are worth.
I thought I did well last year with super store at $204.00/pair for 60/40
for my v strom.  The same tires in Canada are $482.00 + 13% tax. about
$550.00.  I just have to find somewhere in the USA to ship them and
somewhere to go for 48 hours to avoid the tax man.
Its got cold here again