Armchair diagnostics- hard warm start

John Soliday johnsoliday at
Mon Mar 29 13:56:51 PDT 2010

...I took a small straight blade screwdriver and cut off the handle, left
just enough to grab onto.  It's in my special "carb tools" bin.

-----Original Message-----
From: gpzlist-bounces at [mailto:gpzlist-bounces at] On
Behalf Of Don Wilcox
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 12:39 PM
To: GPZ List
Subject: Re: Armchair diagnostics- hard warm start

Hmm... It kinda always does (the wifey has complained about it before). I'm
thinking (initial diagnostics) are to reset the idle screws a bit leaner (2
turns?). I've avoided messing wiht the carbs because they're such a
difficulty getting in and out, but I may just have to 'suck it up princess'
(as a couple buddies have been know to say), and just do it, damn the

Maybe I'll see if I can dig up a right angle screwdriver and really do it
the easy way...