So, I was suffocating my bike..

art.robinson art.robinson at
Fri Sep 10 07:11:03 PDT 2010

....Reminds me of an English sports car enthusiast who kept his vehicle
in immaculate condition, inside and out.

He detected a high pitched buzz which came only in a particular rev
range and was so upset he torn down the engine to try to find the cause.
It was only later that he discovered two peanuts in the immaculately
clean ashtray, which his kids had left there... Talk about a Duh moment!

-----Original Message-----
From: gpzlist-bounces at [mailto:gpzlist-bounces at]
On Behalf Of Charles Scappaticci
Sent: 09 September 2010 14:22
To: Art Robinson
Subject: Re: So, I was suffocating my bike..

Yes we have all had "DUHHH!!" moments.  I once tore down the whole
front end of my old Chevy pickup believing the timing chain had jumped
the sprockets.  After reassembling it and it still doing the same
thing, I found the wire to the condenser had simply come loose and was
bouncing around.  Reattached it and no more problem.  At least it ran
better with a new double roller timing chain on it.  :-)

Charles S.

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 12:13 PM, John Soliday <johnsoliday at>
> wow, I'm sure we've all had a "duh" moment similar.

You are subscribed at the email address ART.ROBINSON at